Zolfresh 10mg Tablet; Uses/Benefits and Side-Effects
Overview of Medicine:
Zolfresh 10mg tablet is the medicine advised to treat the problem of insomnia. Zolfresh 10mg Tablet belongs to a group of sedative-hypnotics drugs called sedative-hypnotics. It works on the imbalanced chemicals of the patient’s brain and slowly acts on the nerve cells in the brain which helps the patients to fall asleep. It contains Zolpidem as an active ingredient and manufactured by the Abbott health.
The medicine is available in the form of a tablet which needs to be taken by mouth, on an empty stomach. Zolfresh tablet is used to treat, control, prevent, & improve situation caused by the following disease or symptoms:
• Zolfresh Tablet may also be prescribed by a doctor for some other ailments which are not listed here.
Uses and Precautions:
Some precautions to be taken before using the Zolfresh 10 mg tablets are:
– Inform your doctor regarding your medical history as if having any kidney disease; liver disease; lung disease; sleep apnea; myasthenia gravis; a history of mental and depressive illness, or suicidal thoughts; or drug or alcohol addiction, any medicine allergies.
– Never use this medicine for more than two weeks with the doctor advice.
– Do not take Zolfresh, in case you have consumed alcohol during the day or before the bedtime.
– Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while having this drug as it may cause drowsiness
– This medicine is highly not recommended for the pregnant ladies as it may cause respiratory
depression in the neonates. So, therefore, consult your physician if you are pregnant or planning to
become pregnant or breastfeeding.
– Always take your dose 30-45 minutes before your bedtime.
The following is not a comprehensive list of possible side-effects that may occur from Zolfresh 10 mg tablets as it may or may not happen at all. It depends on person to person. Whereas some side effects are common and others are rare or severe. So better consult your doctor in case of the following symptoms as:
Common side effects – Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory Impairment, Nervousness, Headache.
Rare or severe side effects: Anxiety, bladder pain, bloody or cloudy urine, burning, crawling, itching, numbness, chills, decreased awareness or responsiveness.
The tablet is found quite useful by most of its users in an average of 1 week time to treat the condition of insomnia. Confusion is the most common side effect reported by most of the user’s.